● Up to 2 flow-meter inputs
● Fuel temperature compensation for greater accuracy
● Accepts quadrature signals to detect reverse flow
● User configurable K-Factor for greater sensor compatiblity
● Bunkering mode measures total fuel flow
● Live mode calculates ongoing fuel usage from flow and return sensors
● Robust environmentally protected enclosure and connections
● Tri-colour LED shows status and network activity
● NMEA2000® network or Bluetooth(tm) setup
The Oceanic Systems 5720 Flow Adapter Module is designed to report fuel flow and usage over the NMEA2000® network using positive displacement flow meters.
These high accuracy sensors connect directly to the 5720 using IP68 rated standard Deutsch connectors (mating connector kit available separately as pn 5099). The 5720 is compatible with sensors having a single pulsed output as well as those with a 2-phase quadrature output (for cases where reverse flow must be considered). Additionally high accuracy PT100 temperature compensated sensors are fully supported.
As required, the 5720 may be set up to measure two individual flow rates, consumption data based on flow and return rates or total fluid transferred. This configuration along with sensor parameters and network instances may be made to the flow adapter over the NMEA2000® or by Bluetooth™ using the Oceanic Systems mobile configuration app available for Apple and Android devices.