The Privacy Notice detailed below explains how personal data that we may collect from you is used. It also explains how this data is stored and handled.
How do we collect your personal data?
Most of the personal data processed is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have made an enquiry to us either by email, telephone or through our website contact forms.
- You have requested a support ticket through our website.
- You have subscribed to our newsletter.
- You have applied for a job with us.
- You have engaged with us on social media.
- You have an account or have requested an account with us.
- You are contacting us to present your company.
We may also receive personal data indirectly for one of the following reasons:
- You have contacted one of our authorised resellers or representatives.
- An employee has provided your details as an emergency contact or for a reference.
What sort of personal information do we collect?
If you have an account with us or are setting up an account with us, we will ask you to provide the following information:
- Contact Name (forename and surname)
- Email Address
- Telephone number
- VAT Number
- Invoice/Billing Address
- Delivery Address
Copies of documents you have provided us, such as request for quotations, purchase orders, tank volume calibration tables, technical drawings, quotations, order acknowledgements, invoices, credit account application forms and return requests.
Your social media username if you interact with us on one of our social media pages.
How and why is your personal data used?
Oceanic Systems aims to provide the best possible customer experience. If you wish to change how we used your data, you will find this below in the ‘What are my rights?’ section.
Please note that if you decided not to share your personal information with us, we may not be able to provide a service that you have requested.
This is how and why we use your personal information:
- To process quotation requests or purchase orders. If we cannot collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide a quotation, proforma or order acknowledgement, resulting in your request being ‘unable to process’.
- To respond to support tickets raised on our website. Oceanic Systems may keep a record of support tickets to review an issue you may have experienced and use any information you have provided to better improve our products and services.
- To safeguard our business and your account from fraud or other illegal activities. Your data may be used to protect, update and maintain your account with us.
How do we protect your personal information?
We understand how essential security is. We will always treat your information with extreme care and take all apt steps in protecting it.
We use ‘https’ technology to secure access to all areas of our website.
All access to personal information is password protected. We do not store any payment card information.
How long will we store your personal information for?
All data collected by Oceanic Systems is kept only for as long as necessary and can be removed permanently at any point upon request.
Personal information provided for the purpose of placing orders with us will be kept for five years to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
If an account has not been used within the past five years, it will be marked as inactive and we will contact the given person to confirm if the account should be kept open. If no confirmation is received, we will assume that the account is closed and we will permanently remove all personal information associated with that account.
For the purpose of warranties, we will keep your personal data until the end of the warranty period.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Oceanic Systems will only ever share your personal information with trusted third parties, such as:
- Delivery couriers
- Your local reseller for our business
- Your local representative for our business
- Engineers contracted to carry out work at your premises
In cases where we share your information, we will only share the information that is needed to perfect a specific purpose. All shared information may only be used for the exact purpose we give in our contract agreement with them.
We work closely with all of the above third parties to ensure your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
Should we stop using any of their services, any personal data provided to them by us will be permanently deleted.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request any of the following:
- The correct of your personal information when inaccurate, out of date or incomplete.
- Access to any personal information we hold about you.
- The removal of your data in circumstances where you remove consent or object to us storing this information.
- Restrict your personal information subject to circumstance.
- That we stop processing your personal information, for example when consent has been withdrawn.
You can contact us at any time to request to action any of these rights.
Whenever you have consented to the use of your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any point and withdraw that consent.
To protect your information, we may ask you to verify your identity during communications.
If you have requested a third party to act on your behalf, we will request evidence that they have your permission to act
Contact us for any questions
Oceanic Systems hopes that this Privacy Notice provides all details of the way we handle your personal data and what your rights are.
If you do have any questions that have not been answered, please contact our office for further assistance.
Please email us on email@example.com
Or write to us at
Oceanic Systems (UK) Ltd
Units 10-11 Milton Business Centre