Flow Adaptor Module
- Up to 2 flow-meter inputs
- Fuel temperature compensation for greater accuracy
- Accepts quadrature signals to detect reverse flow
- User configurable K-Factor for greater sensor compatiblity
- Bunkering mode measures total fuel flow
- Live mode calculates ongoing fuel usage from flow and return sensors
- Robust environmentally protected enclosure and connection
- Tri-colour LED shows status and network activity
- NMEA2000® network
The Oceanic Systems 5720 Flow Adapter Module reports fuel flow and usage over the NMEA2000® network using positive displacement flow meters.
High accuracy sensors, such as our High Accuracy Fuel Flow Sensors, connect directly to the 5720 using IP68 rated standard Deutsch connectors. Mating Connector Kits are available separately, part number 5099. The 5720 is compatible with sensors having a single pulsed output, as well as those with a 2-phase quadrature output (for where reverse flow must be considered). Additionally, high accuracy PT100 temperature compensated sensors are fully supported.
As required, the 5720 may be set up to measure two individual flow rates. Consumption data is based on flow and return rates or total fluid transferred. This configuration, along with sensor parameters and network instances, may be made to the flow adapter over the NMEA2000®.